How we use your details
When you place an order we take your name, address and credit card details. This information will be shared by third-parties for the sole purpose of processing and shipping your order in the following manner:
Your credit card details are processed by PayPal. PayPal use your credit card details to process your payment and they use your email address to send you a credit card payment confirmation email. This information is processed securely and we never see your credit card details.
Your address is shared with our shipping partners (Royal Mail and UK Fulfilment). This information is used for the sole purpose of delivering your order.
We do send a follow up email requesting a review. This email is sent by Yotpo, who manage the reviews on our website. If you are willing, we would love to hear your reviews, as they help both us and other customers form opinions. We love to hear your feedback anytime – please email email@example.com.
Your contact and invoice details are stored in Xero (our accounting software) for the purposes of complying with record keeping requirements mandated by the HMRC.
Your rights to your data
You have all the rights to your data as laid out by the European Union’s GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). This pertains to the name, email address, billing address and shipping address you may give us when you purchase a sim card from us and when writing a review on our site.
In short your rights to your data are as follows:
- Your right of access to your data This is almost the same as your right to be informed. Essentially, you have the right to know what personal data we hold (only the details you give us such as your name, email address, phone number, billing address and shipping address) and how this data is processed (your contact details are used in case we need to contact you about your order; your address details are used to deliver your order; your name and email address is used to send your order confirmation email and an email asking to review your purchase and your first name and initial of your last name is displayed alongside any review you write).
- Your right of rectification You have the right to update any details we hold about you. Did you spell your name wrong? Has your name or contact details changed? Just let us know and we will update your details.
- Your right to erasure (your right to be forgotten) Basically your personal details are not permanent if you don’t want it to be. If you want your details removed from our system just let us know and we will remove them. Also, let us know if you want us to remove any product reviews you have written or if you would like us to change the name that appears next to your review. It’s up to you.
- Your right to data portability You have the right to do what you want with your own data. While we maintain copyright of our content on this website, any reviews you write remain your own data. Do you want to write the exact same review on Tripadvisor? Go for it. It’s your data and you can use it as you wish. Just don’t cut and paste other people’s reviews because they’re not yours.
The same goes for any personal information we have about anything you have ordered from us.
- Your rights of automated decision making and profiling We don’t do anything like this with your data so there is nothing to be concerned with.
In short: if you don’t want your name or address details in our system just let us know and we will fix this (as long as we still comply with HMRC’s record keeping requirements). Likewise, if you no longer want your product reviews on our site, just let us know and we will remove them for you or alternately change the name associated with your review so it is no longer personally identifiable to you.
There are a couple of things that need to be mentioned, specifically because some aspects of our website are not controlled by ourselves. Our partners are compliant with GDPR, which means that you still have all the above rights and in any case we have access to delete and update your personal details. Specifically:
- Our online store uses the Woocommerce shopping cart platform, which keeps a record of all customers. However, we can edit these details and change or remove any personally identifiable details so they are no longer kept in our system.
- Our accounts are managed using Xero and your contact details are kept in Xero and used to create a tax invoice for your records. If you prefer, we can change the name on the invoice to something generic such as customer201805181234.
- Any product review you write is displayed on our site using Yotpo. Yotpo are GDPR compliant and we have access to delete reviews and edit your displayed name.
- Your order details are sent to UK Fulfilment using the Storefeeder platform. Although it is essential that the correct details are in the system in order to post your sim card to the correct address, if you wish, after the order has been despatched we can edit these details so it is no longer personally identifiable. Just let us know if you would like us to do this for you.
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Third-party privacy policies
It is necessary to share some details with third parties for the purpose of processing your order and operating our business. You may find a complete list of these Privacy Policies and their links here:
If you contact us, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at 020 3286 2828 (+44 20 3286 2828 from outside the United Kingdom).
Our registered address is:
BUG Travel Publishing Ltd
20–22 Wenlock Road